Re: Deep integration of PostgreSQL with Apache

От Thomas Hallgren
Тема Re: Deep integration of PostgreSQL with Apache
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Robin Boerdijk wrote:
> Why would
> this web/database server be limited to using only one connection?

No it wouldn't. I misunderstood your question. It's one process/one
connection. If you don't use Apache as a multi-threaded server, then
your question makes more sense. Still, it's a lot of work to make it
happen and I'm not sure you'd gain anything. My advice would be to
consider a multi-threaded server that uses a connection pool and perhaps
include some shared caching of data that is more static in nature in the
middle tier. That could really save some context switches.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

От: Alexandre Biancalana
Сообщение: Re: postgresql 8 abort with signal 10
От: "Dann Corbit"
Сообщение: Favorable Postgresql write up