Re: Deep integration of PostgreSQL with Apache

От Thomas Hallgren
Тема Re: Deep integration of PostgreSQL with Apache
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Robin Boerdijk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I was wondering if
> there have been any efforts in the past to provide a deep integration
> of PostgreSQL with Apache. What I mean by deep integration is that the
> PostgreSQL server logic runs inside the Apache server processes, rather
> than separate processes. In particular, the postmaster server logic
> would run inside the Apache master process and the postgres server
> logic would run inside Apache child processes.
>
> The main advantage of this approach would be that it avoids the
> Apache/PostgreSQL context switch when executing SQL requests from the
> web server. It looks like the Apache server and PostgreSQL server
> architectures are quite similar to make this feasible. Any thoughts?

The PostgreSQL backend is inherently single-threaded and a new process
is forked each time you establish a new connection (session) so the
integration you ask for is not in anyway possible unless you are content
with one single database connection.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

От: "FERREIRA, William (COFRAMI)"
Сообщение: Re: some questions : psql
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: Dynamically access to field on a RECORD variable