Re: [Dbdpg-general] Re: 'prepare' is not quite schema-safe

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [Dbdpg-general] Re: 'prepare' is not quite schema-safe
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Vlad wrote:

>i.e. the following perl code won't work correctly with DBD::Pg 1.40+
>
>$dbh->do("SET search_path TO one");
>my $sth1 = $dbh->prepare_cached("SELECT * FROM test WHERE item = ?");
>$sth1->execute("one");
>
>$dbh->do("set search_path to two");
>my $sth2 = $dbh->prepare_cached("SELECT * FROM test WHERE item = ?");
>$sth2->execute("two");
>
>in the last call $sth1 prepared query will be actually executed, i.e.
>"one.test" table used, not "two.test" as a programmer would expect!

Correctness seems to be in the eye of the beholder.

It does what I as a programmer would expect. The behaviour you
previously saw was an unfortunate byproduct of the fact that up to now
DBD::Pg has emulated proper prepared statements, whereas now it uses
them for real. Any application that relies on that broken byproduct is
simply erroneous, IMNSHO.

If you really need this, then as previously discussed on list, there is
a way to turn off use of server-side prepared statements.

cheers

andrew