Re: Unicode upper() bug still present

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Unicode upper() bug still present
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes:
> There is a bug in Unicode upper() which has been present since 7.2:

We don't support upper/lower in multibyte character sets, and can't as
long as the functionality is dependent on <ctype.h>'s toupper()/tolower().
It's been suggested that we could use <wctype.h> where available.
However there are a bunch of issues that would have to be solved to make
that happen.  (How do we convert between the database character encoding
and the wctype representation?  How do we even find out what
representation the current locale setting expects to use?)

In short, don't hold your breath ...