Re: Official ODBC announcement

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: Official ODBC announcement
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just wanted to jump in here and follow up on our very quiet (pretty
> much non existent) announcement about us rewriting ODBC. Below you will
> find the (very high level) overview of our initial plans:
>
> Written from scratch using C against libpq.
>
> Written from scratch to be cross platform with primary targets of:
>    Win32
>    Linux
>    MacOSX
>
> Written with UNICODE/Multibyte support.
>
> Written to support only 8.0 and above.
>
> Support SSL Connections
>
> Support Compressed connections (Mammoth only at this time)
>
> Support Large Objects
>
> Support Bytea
>
> The driver will be released as GPL with commercial licenses available
> from Command Prompt, Inc.

Sounds good, except for the GPL licence. Recently I had to patch a
7.3.200 driver because all subsequent versions wouldn't be accepted by
an ancient Delphi BDE. I wouldn't have been able to do so with a GPL
licensed driver afaics, so I'll still hoping the best for the current
psqlodbc.

Regards,
Andreas