Re: psqlODBC and Access

От Hannes Dorbath
Тема Re: psqlODBC and Access
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 23.04.2005 03:23, Typing80wpm@aol.com wrote:
> Should I not use MONEY in defining  such fields to
> be used with ACCESS? Is there a different TYPE that I should use  in my
> definition?  Thanks!

 From http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/datatype-money.html

"The money type is deprecated. Use numeric or decimal instead, in
combination with the to_char function."

> By the way, what would you suggest as a tool to administer the PostgreSQL
> databases. I mean, something sort of graphical which would display tables and
> names and relationships.

In case you don't like PgAdminIII you may try commercial products like

EMS PostgreSQL Manager
http://sqlmanager.net/products/postgresql/manager

What they call "Visual Database Designer" might just be what you are
looking for. It's an MS-Access-like, visual display of tables and
relations. But remember, it's a frontend and not a modelling tool.

For modelling better look at:

http://www.casestudio.com/

I don't think there's something better out there for the money, but it
takes some time to learn using it.