Re: Bool values under Mac OS X

От lothar.behrens@lollisoft.de
Тема Re: Bool values under Mac OS X
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Am 26 Apr 2005 um 10:24 hat Tom Lane geschrieben:

> lothar.behrens@lollisoft.de writes:
> > My conversion is these:
> > bool b = *(bool*) buffer;
>
> What's the data type of "buffer"?

void*

> On Intel hardware the above will fetch the low-order byte of "buffer",
> but on PPC (and other big-endian) hardware, it will fetch the high-order
> byte.  I suspect strongly that your problem has nothing to do with OS X
> versus Windows and everything to do with being careless about endianness
> issues.

I have tried out ByteAsChar and got 0 or 1. Then I have done an int conversion
instead of bool. Then I got it working. 0 is false and all other values threaded true.

Lothar

>             regards, tom lane

Lothar Behrens        www.lollisoft.de
Rosmarinstr 3        My public project: