BLOB's bypassing the OS Filesystem for better Image loading speed?

От: apoc9009@yahoo.de
Тема: BLOB's bypassing the OS Filesystem for better Image loading speed?
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Hi all again,

My next queststion is dedicated to blobs in my  Webapplication (using
Tomcat 5 and JDBC
integrated a the J2EE Appserver JBoss).

Filesystems with many Filesystem Objects can slow down the Performance
at opening
and reading Data.

My Question:
Can i speedup my Webapplication if i store my JPEG Images with small
sizes inside my PostgreSQL Database (on verry large Databasis over 1 GByte
and above without Images at this time!)

I hope some Peoples can give me a Tip or Hint where in can
some usefull Information about it!

Thanks
Josh