Re: ForwardOnly ?

От lothar.behrens@lollisoft.de
Тема Re: ForwardOnly ?
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Am 25 Apr 2005 um 8:00 hat Jeff Eckermann geschrieben:

> --- Petr Odložil <odlozil@trakceol.cz> wrote:
> > I din't set this option forward cursors only and I
> > even can't find it to
> > check the state of it. I'm using ODBC driver for
>
> My understanding is that, if you want an updateable
> cursor, it has to be forward only.  This is a
> limitation of the PostgreSQL ODBC driver.  I believe
> that the "updatable cursors" driver setting refers to
> this.  But I'm only working from memory here; I could
> not find a reference to this when I looked.  Someone
> else please correct me as necessary.

I use updateable cursors also when moving back.
I do not remember, if it not works, when I move a row back
after editing a row.

But I must say, that there will be a problem with the 8.x ODBC
driver. Even reinstalling the old 7.3.200 version it didn't resolved
it.
This is because the install process may be brocken. I have removed
the 8.x driver by hand, before reinstallation of 7.3.200.

The code for my ODBC abstraction classes are public. All can try it.
See the link below.

Lothar