Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Software Patents

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Software Patents
Дата
Список pgsql-www
> But, as a community it doesn't affect us either, since we don't include
> patent'd software,

How do you know?

> and if we are made aware of a patent related issue,
> we work to remove it

Yes.

> Whereas, from a "business community" standpoint, there it affects, but
> not from the "OSS PostgreSQL Community" side ...

Really?

Hypothectical:

Alvaro at his own volition implements algorithm foobar. Foobar is
patented but we don't. Alvaro didn't know. We find out 4 years later and
foobar has become the core of the PostgreSQL planner.

How does that not effect the community?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake
Command Prompt, Inc.

Managed Services, Shared and Dedication Hosting

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: