Re: PreparedStatement.setString

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: PreparedStatement.setString
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Bert Hiri wrote:

>     PreparedStatement stmt =
>         con.prepareStatement("INSERT INTO test(id) VALUES (?)");
>     stmt.setString("12345");
>     stmt.executeUpdate();
>
> This will fail. With the message:
>
>     Cause: ERROR: column "id" is of type numeric but expression is of type
> character varying
>
> I think this shouldn't fail. This exact same piece of Java code does work
> with all other databases that I work with. And psql doesn't seem to mind
> taking a string value either, so why should the PreparedStatement?

See http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2005-03/msg00060.php for
past discussion of this.

In summary: it might be a common idiom, but the JDBC spec doesn't
require drivers to support it, and there are protocol-level reasons why
it is not easy to support.

-O

От: "Bert Hiri"
Сообщение: PreparedStatement.setString
От: "Ruediger Herrmann"
Сообщение: Re: isLast() and empty ResultSet