Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Software Patents

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Software Patents
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
>
>>Bruce,
>>

>>>I think a News item is all we, as a group, are going to agree to at this
>>>point.
>>
>>Oh, I don't know.  Who's opposing a web button?  Is there really anyone in our
>

> Me.  We didn't clean up the main PostgreSQL page to add someone else's
> button, especially some ranting organization.  If you want to do it for
> your company, go ahead, it is your page, but the stuff we do have to be
> 100% or pretty close.

I am a little confused as to your argument Bruce. What is wrong with a
button or link on www.postgresql.org that publicizes a page on
www.postgresql.org the describes the communities stance on software patents.

The page could also of course have links as reference to other
legitimate anti-patent links (this is where I could see some tension).

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

>>active community who favors the introduction of software patents into Europe?

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Software Patents
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Software Patents