Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Software Patents

От Chris Travers
Тема Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Software Patents
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Hi Josh and others;

Metatron Technology Consulting will be happy to add such a banner too.

The real issue I have is simply that I would want that we make sure we
hash out the details and make sure that we are linking to a well-argued
pages.

Also, I would suggest that we don't make this hinge on the project site
having the banner.  Never underestimate the power of a few people who
take the initiative and do a good job.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers

Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Originally I was against the idea of putting up a no software patents
> logo/banner/statement etc... on the website.
>
> After recent events within Command Prompt, including some expensive
> legal fees to convince certain customers that there is not a chance
> in the world that we would sign a indemnification agreement that
> included patents in the definition, I have changed my mind.
>
> I would like to propose that we put a no software patents logo up.
> Command Prompt would also follow suit, and it would be great if the
> other companies such as Greenplum, SRA, PgSQL, Inc. etc, all did the
> same.
>
> Kind of like the PostgreSQL patent-free ring ;)
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Joshua D. Drake

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Software Patents
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Software Patents