Re: BUG #7771: packaging error causes build failure

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #7771: packaging error causes build failure
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
mamfelt@gmail.com writes:
> There are three references to the file @LongLink in the tar file :
> postgresql-8.3.22.tar.bz2

> michael@x054:[/data/prj/pgsql]bzip2 -dc postgresql-8.3.22.tar.bz2 | tar tf -
> | grep LongLink
> ././@LongLink
> ././@LongLink
> ././@LongLink

No, there is no such thing in our tarfiles.  Apparently you have a
version of tar that's been hacked to print that if it sees a pathname
too long for it to cope with.

In 9.0 and up we renamed a couple of deeply-nested files to shorten the
maximum pathlength in the tarballs, cf
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2009-11/msg00078.php
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git&a=commitdiff&h=6bef82b38a67b493fc82990e41946c1bd2ea1b03
If you can't readily find a less broken version of tar for your
platform, you might be best advised to just forget about the 8.x
releases.  I'm not sure why you'd bother with them anyway, still
less with branches that are long out of support.