Re: JOIN on a lookup table

От Luiz K. Matsumura
Тема Re: JOIN on a lookup table
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi Keith

I think that something like this may be more simple ( if I understood
what you want to do ;) )

   SELECT tbl_item.id                   AS item_id
        , tbl_item.sales_gl_account     AS acct_sales_gl_nmbr
        , acct_sales.description        AS acct_sales_gl_name
        , tbl_item.inventory_gl_account AS acct_inv_gl_nmbr
        , acct_inv.description          AS acct_inv_gl_name
        , tbl_item.cogs_gl_account      AS acct_cogs_gl_nmbr
        , acct_cogs.description         AS acct_cogs_gl_name
     FROM tbl_item LEFT OUTER JOIN tbl_gl_account acct_sales ON acct_sales.account_id = tbl_item.sales_gl_account
                   LEFT OUTER JOIN tbl_gl_account acct_inv   ON acct_inv.account_id = tbl_item.inventory_gl_account
                   LEFT OUTER JOIN tbl_gl_account acct_cogs  ON acct_cogs.account_id = tbl_item.cogs_gl_account
  ORDER BY tbl_item.id;

Hope this help

Luiz