Re: ISO-8859-1 encoding not enforced?

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: ISO-8859-1 encoding not enforced?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>Is PostgreSQL supposed to enforce a LATIN1/ISO-8859-1 encoding if that's
>>the database encoding?
>
> AFAIK, there are no illegal characters in 8859-1, except \0 which we
> do reject.

Hmmm...

It turns out I was confused by the developer who reported this issue.
Basically they have a requirement that they only want the parts of
LATIN1 that can be converted to single byte UTF8 (ie. 7bit ascii).

Only about 8 of these high bit characters existed in our database, so I
replaced them and put in a CHECK constraint on a few fields like this:
 CHECK (description = convert(description, 'ISO-8859-1', 'UTF-8'))

Can I put in a request for a '7 bit ascii' encoding for PostgreSQL :)

Chris

Сообщение: Re: Assigning fixed OIDs to system catalogs and indexes
Сообщение: Re: Assigning fixed OIDs to system catalogs and indexes