Re: implementing asynchronous notifications

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: implementing asynchronous notifications
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Andras Kadinger wrote:

> If java.nio does, would the impact of choosing java.nio, and thereby
> excluding pre-1.4 platforms, an acceptable way of conduct?

I don't think so.. I'm pretty sure there are users that are running the
driver under 1.2 (*bsd perhaps?)

> Or is there
> infrastructure in the jdbc.postgresql.org project in place to allow us to
> preserve backwards-compatibility by simply omitting this feature from
> pre-1.4 builds?

It'll be tricky to do this from a single codebase as the NIO changes
would need to reach right down to the underlying protocol stream.. it
seems hard to localize the changes.

-O