Re: [despammed] Crosstab function

От Markus Schaber
Тема Re: [despammed] Crosstab function
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi, Bandeng,

bandeng schrieb:
> I have install postgresql-contrib finally... i'm newbie in server.
> I use freebsd 4.8, I saw in documentation it is said use tablefunc.sql
> but in freebsd i found file tablefunc.so , it is already compiled. is
> there suggestion to install tablefunc.so ?

I think you misunderstood the relationship between tablefunc.so and
tablefunc.sql, as the former one is not the compiled form of the latter one.

The .sql file contains the statements that create functions, datatypes,
aggregates etc. For functions programmed in C,  SQL function definitions
eference the .so file and the function symbol name therein so postgresql
can load the library and jump into the C code functions, but the SQL
files could also define functions by including their source (for
languages such as plpgsql).

So to "install" the .so file, you have use psql -f tablefunc.sql yourdb.

Markus

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: