Re: prepared statements don't log arguments?

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: prepared statements don't log arguments?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark wrote:
> Palle Girgensohn <girgen@pingpong.net> writes:
>
>>When setting log_statement = all, and using JDBC PreparedStatements, I get $n
>>in the log where the real arguments used to be in previous versions of
>>postgresql:

> You might want to look into JDBC options to disable use of prepared
> statements. The old emulation code must still be there in case it runs against
> a <=7.4 database so perhaps there's an option to use it.

You can do this by appending '?protocolVersion=2' to the JDBC URL you
use (or '&protocolVersion=2' if you already have other URL parameters).

If you do this you also lose any features that need V3 protocol support
(e.g. query parameter metadata and some resultset metadata).

-O