Re: Tweaking a C Function I wrote

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: Tweaking a C Function I wrote
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Adam Palmblad wrote:
> can I actually look at the call tree that occurs when my function is
> being executed or will I be limited to viewing calls to functions in
> the postmaster binary?

You're the one with the gprof data, you tell us :)

It wouldn't surprise me if gprof didn't get profiling data for dlopen'ed
shared libraries (I haven't checked), but I think both oprofile and
callgrind should be able to.

(If you do decide to use gprof and you're on Linux, be sure to compile
Postgres with CFLAGS="-DLINUX_PROFILE", to get valid profiling data.)

-Neil