Re: port connection number?!

От Eduardo Vázquez Rodríguez
Тема Re: port connection number?!
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
If you are using a *Nix architechture then look for a file called
"postgresql.conf", in the contents of that file you should see a lines
that look like this:

# - Connection Settings -

listen_addresses = '*'  # what IP interface(s) to listen on;
                                # defaults to localhost, '*' = any
port = 5432
max_connections = 25

Then you can see on which port the database is running.

If you are coming from a fresh installation be sure that the file called
pg_hba.conf has the appropiate setting allowing network connections.

SG Edwards wrote:

>Hey guys,
>
>I am trying to connect to a Postgres database using a PHP script but get the
>error:
>
>"unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could not connect to server: Connection
>refused;
>is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting TCP/IP connections on
>port 5432?"
>
>How can I find out which port the Postgres database is using? How can I fix
>this?
>
>Many thanks for your help,
>
>Stephen

If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of the giants
Isaac Newton