Another java connect problem

От Espen Isaksen
Тема Another java connect problem
Дата
Re: Another java connect problem  (Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi!

I have studied all the different questions where people have trouble
connecting to PostgreSQL through Java, but it doesn't help me
much. This is a program I first compiled on a Mac and I have no
problems at all there. Now I am on Fedora Linux.

First my code:
Connection dbcon;
java.sql.Connection conn;
String url = "jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/espen";

 try {
        Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver").newInstance();
    }
    catch( ClassNotFoundException cnfex ) {
        System.out.println("Class not found!");
    } //end catch

    conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url, "user", "password);
    s = conn.createStatement();

I compile by using this command:
javac @files -classpath postgis.jar:postgresql.jar (where files include
a list of all the .java files)

No problems compiling.

I try to run by:
java road_generalization -verbose -classpath postgis.jar:postgresql.jar

Then I get the usual error message:

Unable to connect
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
        at DataUthenter.connectPostgres(DataUthenter.java:67)
        at DataUthenter.<init>(DataUthenter.java:31)
        at road_generalization.<init>(road_generalization.java:99)
        at road_generalization.main(road_generalization.java:383)

I have tried to change the code in a lot of different ways, but it does not
seem to help much. Can anybody give me some insight in why this
doesn't work. Is my "run command" not correct?

Espen Isaksen
http://www.espenisaksen.com