Re: Oracle Migration. Don't Care about the Corbomite Maneuver,

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Oracle Migration. Don't Care about the Corbomite Maneuver,
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Mohan, Ross wrote:

>Hello Postgres'ers,
>
>Oracle newbie to PG here, curious about best books and online
>resources. A *lot* of what I am finding in google is one to four
>year old p*ssing contest with MySQL vs. Postgres (don't care)
>or "Why doesn't PostGres support five level hypergalactic triple ACID
>Phase Inverters on the Debian/Slack Leenucks 3.0(a) kernel" (also
>don't care, at least yet ;-))
>
>Just have a small oracle db to move over to PG. And I want it
>to go well, be robust, manageable etc. So...that's the kind
>of book/community I am looking for.
>
>Any pointers?

If you don't currently use store procedures your data set
should be fairly easily to move over. You just have to change
some data types to correctly match.

I had a paper around here somewhere about it I will see if I can
did it up.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

>Thanks In Advance!
>

>Ross Mohan
>Postgres Rookie

>TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Вложения

От: Tony Caduto
Сообщение: Re: do I need replication or something else?
От: Dale Sykora
Сообщение: Re: sub query constraint