Re: How to improve db performance with $7K?

От Steve Poe
Тема Re: How to improve db performance with $7K?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
>The Chenbros are nice, but kinda pricey ($800) if Steve doesn't need the
>machine to be rackable.
>
>If your primary goal is redundancy, you may wish to consider the possibility
>of building a brand-new machine for $7k (you can do a lot of machine for
>$7000 if it doesn't have to be rackable) and re-configuring the old machine
>and using it as a replication or PITR backup.   This would allow you to
>configure the new machine with only a moderate amount of hardware redundancy
>while still having 100% confidence in staying running.

Our servers are not racked, so a new one does not have to be. *If* it is
possible, I'd like to replace the main server with a new one. I could
tweak the new one the way I need it and work with the vendor to make
sure everything works well. In either case, I'll still need to test how
positioning of the tables/indexes across a raid10 will perform.  I am
also waiting onProIV developers feedback.  If their ProvIV modules will
not run under AMD64, or take advantage of the processor, then I'll stick
with the server we have.

Steve Poe

От: Steve Poe
Сообщение: Re: How to improve db performance with $7K?
От: Stephan Szabo
Сообщение: Re: Delete query takes exorbitant amount of time