Stuck with references

От Frodo Larik
Тема Stuck with references
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello all,

this is my first post to the list, so please be gentle :-)

I created the following tables (full file can be found here:
http://www.larik.nl/sql/payway.sql ):

CREATE TABLE location (
   location_id integer DEFAULT nextval('"location_id_seq"'::text) NOT NULL,
   name text NOT NULL,
   CONSTRAINT location_pkey PRIMARY KEY (location_id)
) WITH OIDS;

CREATE TABLE payway_profile (
   payway_profile_id integer DEFAULT
nextval('"payway_profile_id_seq"'::text) NOT NULL,
   location_a integer REFERENCES location (location_id) NOT NULL,
   location_b integer REFERENCES location (location_id) NOT NULL,
   distance integer NOT NULL,
   CONSTRAINT payway_profile_pkey PRIMARY KEY (payway_profile_id)
) WITH OIDS;

Now I wan to do the following:

A select from payway_profile so I also can see the name of location_a
and location_b, instead of the id as defined in the table location.
If there was only reference i could do something like this:

SELECT l.name, pp.distance FROM payway_profile AS pp
INNER JOIN location AS l ON ( pp.location_a = l.location_id );

But now there are two references location_a and location_b, so I don't
know how i can solve this in one query. Is it possible or is it bad design?

Sincerely,

Frodo Larik