Re: Extremely slow queries in pgAdminIII

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: Extremely slow queries in pgAdminIII
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Asger Petersen wrote:
> Hi again
>
> The network traffic is constant at 0.3 Mbit (connection is 1GBit) for
> approx 410 secs. Then I'm asked whether i really want to fetch 37000
> rows. If I accept it takes approx 19 secs to retrieve the rows.
>
> On the fast client the same query results in 10Mbits of network traffic
> (connection is 100 MBit) and the timings are approx 10000 ms + 19000 ms.

I've seen problems on a 1GB network some weeks ago, which disappeared as
soon as an *additional* 1GB switch was inserted into the network. This
could have been caused by large frames or so, I wasn't able to dig
further (e.g. NIC parameters).

Regards,
Andreas

Сообщение: Re: No way to have error message on pgadmin III pg 8.0
Сообщение: Re: No way to have error message on pgadmin III pg 8.0