Re: Question about function body checking and 8.1

От Tony Caduto
Тема Re: Question about function body checking and 8.1
Дата
Re: Question about function body checking and 8.1  (Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>)
Список pgsql-general
Ok,
here is a example

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION mytest();
RETURNS VOID as
$$
DECLARE
mytestvar varchar;
mytestvar2 integer;
BEGIN
          mytestvarr = 'bla';
          select testfield from nonexistanttable where testfield = 2
INTO mytestvar2;
          --The table does not exits, yet postgresql does not complain.
END;
$$
LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE;

I also seem to remember that one of the 8.0 betas actually did better
checking, but then it was gone in the next beta.  I could be wrong on
that though.

Also if you happen to use PLperl or any of the other ones, do they
actually do better checking than PLpgsql?   Last time I used a PLperl
function it didn't do any checking at creation either.