Re: PHP SQL

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: PHP SQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Shaun Clements wrote:
> Excellent idea. Yes, I would prefer to write in plpgsql.
> My next concern then, is, does Postgres, perform some kind of Load
> Balancing.

Well, you can have multiple clients running queries at the same time.

> I dont want the stored procedure once run, to DOS other users, who are
> running reports.. or perform queries using some application.
> The reason for asking, is I plan on taking, 350 000 rows, and transforming
> them, into hopefully about 50% smaller number (in a new schema)
> It is critical, that I dont DOS the database server, because it is being
> used in a PRODUCTION enviroment

Well, if you need to lock resources used by other users then they could
be delayed then. Otherwise, you'll need to test and see if your
production server has enough capacity to run your simultaneous queries
fast enough.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd