XML and Postgres

От Greg Lindstrom
Тема XML and Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hello-
I am fairly new to postgres, but have been coding for over 20 years and
would like to know what, if anything, is available to post data in XML
format to postgres.  I have read (seemingly) conflicting reports that
Oracle will allow users to post an xml formatted document directly to
the database and my sysadmin "seems to recall" reading about it.  I am
in the process of dissecting a fairly complex xml file (health care
claims data in EDI x12 format) and would much rather use an existing
technology to post it if it exists.

So, does such a thing exist?  Or perhaps I have misread the literature
and am off base?

Thanks for your help.

--greg

Greg Lindstrom               501 975.4859
Computer Programmer          greg.lindstrom@novasyshealth.com
NovaSys Health
Little Rock, Arkansas

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."  W.W.

Сообщение: Re: plpgsql allowing null fields in insert commands?
Сообщение: Re: plpgsql allowing null fields in insert commands?