Re: Performance problem on delete from for 10k rows. May

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Performance problem on delete from for 10k rows. May
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

David Gagnon wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I rerun the example with the debug info turned on in postgresl. As you
> can see all dependent tables (that as foreign key on table IC) are
> emptied before the DELETE FROM IC statement is issued.  For what I
> understand the performance problem seem to came from those selects
> that point back to IC ( LOG:  statement: SELECT 1 FROM ONLY
> "public"."ic" x WHERE "icnum" = $1 FOR UPDATE OF x).  There are 6 of
> them.  I don't know where they are comming from.  But if I want to
> delete the content of the table (~10k) it may be long to those 6
> selects for each deleted rows.  Why are those selects are there ?  Are
> those select really run on each row deleted?

You are using hibernate. Hibernate is generating them to lock the tables.

> I'm running version 7.4.5 on cygwin.  I ran the same delete from
> pgAdminIII and I got 945562ms for all the deletes within the same
> transaction  .. (so I was wrong saying it took less time in
> PgAdminIII... sorry about this).
>
> Do you have any idea why those 6 selects are there?

Hibernate

--
Dave Cramer
http://www.postgresintl.com

От: David Gagnon
Сообщение: Re: Performance problem on delete from for 10k rows. May
Сообщение: Re: Performance problem on delete from for 10k rows. May