PostgreSQL 8.0 press release/how it went in Finland

От Jussi Mikkola
Тема PostgreSQL 8.0 press release/how it went in Finland
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Hi,

Just for information, here is a short summary of what I have noticed to
happen in Finland after the press release.

Almost immediately after the press release, there was an article on
www.tietokone.fi webpages. Tietokone is the largest computer magazine in
Finland. However, there was no story on their February issue. Luckily
this was fixed in their March issue, where they  rated PostgreSQL 8.0
with 5/5 stars. (For example apache 2.0 has only 4, just as Eclipse.)
The article is very positive about PostgreSQL.

PotsgreSQL is also downloadable from their local software library.

Other magazines or online sites (in Finland), I have not noticed.

Rgs,

Jussi