Re: Localization problems between Access and PostgresSQL

От Miroslav Šulc
Тема Re: Localization problems between Access and PostgresSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Secrétariat wrote:

> Hello,
> I've dumped the content of MS-Access 2002 SP3 tables on a PC with
> Windows XP Pro in French localization.
> Then I COPY these files, on the same PC hosting an PostgreSQL 8.0.1
> database.
> I've problems with the accents !? Why ?

Luc, what encoding did you set for your PostgreSQL database? Did you set
client encoding in the dump file to the Frech encoding that your Windows
use?

> What kind of encoding must I use to create the PG database under Win
> XP pro French ?

I think you shouldn't use Unicode if you need correct collating order.
In this case you should use French encoding aswell (my opinion).

> Thanks for all your comments
> Luc

Miroslav

Вложения