Re: PostgreSQL training

От Sven Willenberger
Тема Re: PostgreSQL training
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Alex Adriaanse presumably uttered the following on 03/13/05 15:23:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on an application for a client that uses PostgreSQL as its
> database backend.  The client wants to train their team on PostgreSQL so
> that they can maintain the application and the database themselves after
> it goes live should they need to.  As far as I know the majority of them
> don't have any experience with databases (other than using applications
> that rely on them of course).  The type of training that they would need
> would need to cover generic database concepts (database design, SQL), as
> well as PostgreSQL-specific information (mostly database administration,
> maybe some performance tuning).
>
> They can travel anywhere within the US to take the training.  I noticed
> there were a few training events posted on postgresql.org, but only one
> of them is within the US (PostgreSQL Bootcamp, next month), and I'm not
> sure if that course would offer the right type of training for them (I
> think they'd need something more elementary).
>
> Do you guys have any suggestions as far as training is concerned
> (training events throughout the year, companies that do PostgreSQL
> training, etc.)?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Alex

I would like to mention that the folks at the Big Nerd Ranch (tm) who
run the PostgreSQL boot camp also do on-site training which would then
be tailored to your own organization's needs. (www.bignerdranch.com)
Having attended their week-long training I can certainly attest to the
benefits such training has.

Sven