Re: How to read query plan

От Miroslav Šulc
Тема Re: How to read query plan
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

>> 1) in PostgreSQL I use 'varchar(1)' for a lot of fields and in MySQL
>> I use 'enum'
>> 2) in PostgreSQL in some cases I use connection fields that are not
>> of the same type (smallint <-> integer (SERIAL)), in MySQL I use the
>> same types
>

> Well both those things will make PostgreSQL slower...

I think so. I'll change the varchar(1) fields to char(1) where possible
and will think out what I will do with the smallint <-> integer JOINs.
Something like SMALLSERIAL would be pleasant :-) I thought I will wait
for Tom Lane's reaction to my improvement suggestions I have posted in
other mail but maybe he has a deep night because of different time zone.

> Chris

Miroslav

Вложения