Re: What's better: Raid 0 or disk for seperate pg_xlog

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: What's better: Raid 0 or disk for seperate pg_xlog
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Karim Nassar wrote:
> Thanks to all for the tips.
>
> On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 09:26 -0600, John A Meinel wrote:
>
>>How critical is your data? How update heavy versus read heavy, etc are you?
>

> Large, relatively infrequent uploads, with frequent reads. The
> application is a web front-end to scientific research data. The
> scientists have their own copy of the data, so if something went really
> bad, we could probably get them to upload again.

If you have very few updates and your reads aren't mostly from RAM you
could be better off with simply mirroring (assuming that gains you read
bandwidth). Failing that, use the tablespace feature to balance your
read load as far as you can.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd