Re: Table function support

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Table function support
Дата
Re: Table function support
Список pgsql-patches
"Pavel Stehule" <pavel.stehule@hotmail.com> writes:
> this patch allows using SQL2003 syntax for set returning functions. It is
> based on using new type of argmode - PROARGMODE_TABLE.

I've been looking at this, and my feeling is that we should drop the
PROARGMODE_TABLE business and just define RETURNS TABLE(x int, y int)
as exactly equivalent to RETURNS SETOF RECORD with x and y treated as
OUT parameters.  There isn't any advantage to distinguishing the cases
that outweighs breaking client code that looks at pg_proc.proargmodes.
I don't believe that the SQL spec prevents us from exposing those
parameter names to PL functions, especially since none of our PLs are
in the standard at all.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Fix mdsync never-ending loop problem
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Fix mdsync never-ending loop problem