Re: is pg_autovacuum so effective ?

От Markus Schaber
Тема Re: is pg_autovacuum so effective ?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi, Gaetano,

Gaetano Mendola schrieb:

> Yes, I'm  aware about it indeed I need the analyze because usualy I do on that
> table select regarding last 24 ours so need to analyze it in order to
> collect the statistics for this period.

If you tend to do lots of queries for the last 24 hours, and there is
only a very small percentage of such young rows, partial indices could
be helpful.

You could include all rows that are not older than 24 hours, and
recreate them via cron script daily, so they grow from 24 to 48 hours
between recreations. To avoid a gap in recreation, you could first
create the new index, and then drop the old one, using alternating names.

BTW, a small question for the gurus: does postgres make use of other
indices when creating partial indices?

HTH,
Markus

--
markus schaber | dipl. informatiker
logi-track ag | rennweg 14-16 | ch 8001 zürich

Вложения