setFetchSize question

От Alan Stange
Тема setFetchSize question
Дата
Re: setFetchSize question  (Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hello all,

I just noticed something and I thought I'd ask:

When reading large chunks of data in the 7.4 JDBC client I would code
something like this:

conn.setAutoCommit(false);
st.setFetchDirection(ResultSet.FETCH_FORWARD);
st.setFetchSize(1000);
st.executeQuery("select * from foo");

which would result in queries to the postgresql server like this:

DECLARE JDBC_CURS_588 CURSOR FOR select * from foo; fetch forward 1000
from JDBC_CURS_588;

with subsequent fetch forward queries being executed as the full result
set is pulled in.

In the 8.0 driver I don't see this happening.   I see only the "select *
from foo" query in the postgresql server log.

Is the query result still being sent in batch chunks of 1000 rows, but
using a different mechanism?

Thanks!

-- Alan