Re: (Fwd) SQLSetPos problem under Linux

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: (Fwd) SQLSetPos problem under Linux
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
lothar.behrens@lollisoft.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there really no answer for me ?

I'm not sure the question was clear.

> I have the following problem under Linux:
>
> I use SQLSetpos to update data at current cursor position with SQL_UPDATE.
> I get back an error message, that only SQL_POSITION/REFRESH is supported.

> Does this limitation come from your ODBC driver or is it limited by unixODBC ?

> Or, how must I activate these functionality while building it from sources ?
> With your windows ODBC driver (version 7.3.200), I do not have these problems.

So - "SQLSetpos+SQL_UPDATE" works with the ODBC driver under Windows.
It doesn't work under unixODBC on Suse 9.1

Well, the ODBC driver is presumably the same - AFAIK the same code
builds Windows and Unix versions. This suggests the problem lies elsewhere.

Are you sure the SQL being executed is the same in both cases? Try
turning on statement logging in PostgreSQL and check.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd