Re: Help with a very newbie question...

От Jan Poslusny
Тема Re: Help with a very newbie question...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
1.
Plpgsql-function can return record (or set of records).
Sql-function returns result of the last query in it's body.

2.
I prefer simple solutions, though I write sql-functions whenever
requirement likes as "parametrized view". But I know that in some
special situations plpgsql-function with clever loops may have better
performance than simple sql-function with very complicated joins.

3.
Could you explain your question it in some example?

Cristian Prieto wrote:

> Well, I will ask a little more clear:
> 1. A function could be declare to return a RECORD value? (the manual
> doesn't put it so clear, mention only simple return values and
> declaration values, not return values).
> 2. It will be better declare that function as a parametrized view or
> as a pgsql function?
> 3. If the record value is not a right return value, what kind of
> return value could I use for it?
>
> Thanks a lot for your help...
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jan Poslusny" <pajout@gingerall.cz>

Сообщение: Re: Help with a very newbie question...
Сообщение: Re: Help with a very newbie question...