Re: ADO and timestamp/date errors

От Shachar Shemesh
Тема Re: ADO and timestamp/date errors
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Craig Bryden wrote:

>Hi
>
>I am trying to read a data set in ADO. If I exclude a timestamp field that I
>have in the return type, all works wonderfully. The moment I include the
>timestamp (i've even tried casting it as date) it bombs out with an OLEDB
>Exception of some type.

Try reading the text of the exception. You are using an old version of
OLE DB. Try the latest version
(http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/oledb). It should either work, or
give you a proper error message.

>Has anyone got any ideas?

OLE DB is a binary interface. As such, it needs to know the binary
structure of any data type it encounters. It does not yet support all
the data types returned by Postgres 8. Please place (CC to this list)
the way you defined the column that offends OLE DB.

Please note that a newer version of OLE DB did have some additions in
the time types category, so I heartily suggest you try that first.

>Thanks
>Craig

       Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting ltd.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Shared Memory and Mac OS X
От: Bruno Wolff III
Сообщение: Re: Method of building views