Re: PGS 7.2 : Insert with wrong number of values did not

От Geoffrey KRETZ
Тема Re: PGS 7.2 : Insert with wrong number of values did not
Дата
Re: PGS 7.2 : Insert with wrong number of values did not  (Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Scott Marlowe wrote:

>On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 09:38, Geoffrey KRETZ wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I've got a question about a difference beetween PGS 7.2 and PGS 7.4
>>behaviours.
>>
>>With PGS 7.2 :
>> INSERT INTO table (col1, col2) VALUES (val1) doesn't fail
>>
>>With PGS 7.4 :
>> INSERT INTO table (col1, col2) VALUES (val1) failed
>>
>>Is it a known bug ?
>>

>Yes, if 7.2 did that it WAS a known bug.  Fixed in 7.4.  It is illegal
>to have unmatching numbers of columns in the insert list and the column
>list.
>
>Did 7.2 really do that?

7.1 do that and while testing recently, we found that in 7.2, it's the
same behaviour. In 7.3, it's already ok.

I've answer the question just to be sure that it's a postgresql bug.

Geoffrey KRETZ
Four J's Development Tools