Re: Group By and wildcards...

От Russ Brown
Тема Re: Group By and wildcards...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jon Lapham wrote:

> Ugh.
>
> Since I do not want to have to re-write all my aggregate function
> containing queries upon modifications to the table definitions (and I do
> not want to write multi-thousand character long SELECT statements),
> maybe it is easier to use a temp table intermediary?
>

> Ugly... ugly... any other ideas on how to do this?  My table definitions
> LITERALLY have hundreds of columns, and I need access to them all.

How about using a view? Create a view that contains only the ID columns,
and then a second view encorporating the first view which joins to the
appropriate tables and fetches the columns you want in the output of
your query.

Just a thought.

--

Russ.

Сообщение: Re: Group By and wildcards...
Сообщение: Re: Group By and wildcards...