Re: Front End Languages for PostgreSQL

От Bo Lorentsen
Тема Re: Front End Languages for PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Van Ingen, Lane wrote:

>Performance is really the bottom line for us. Would you like to qualify your opinion further, using that
>as the criteria?

Performance in general, is a really big issue :-)

But in this case, when we look at a programming language and its DB
connectivity, we need to chose languages depending on the amount and
type of work done while _processing_, not by the DB binding. The only
performance issue in relation to a language binding are related to
support for special DB features, but on the other side ... most DB API's
are made as open source, and missing features can be added relativly
easy (sometimes by just asking nicely)  :-)

So, what kind of performance are you working for ? Fast DB access,
applicaiton modularity (OO), quick app. execution, concurrency execution
(multi user on a webside) ? These things You need to deside, and then
You know what to optimize for good performance.

Hope this is not too confusing :-)

/BL

От: "Van Ingen, Lane"
Сообщение: Re: Front End Languages for PostgreSQL
От: "Keith Worthington"
Сообщение: Expensive where clause