Re: Help me recovering data

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Help me recovering data
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I think the people who've managed to shoot themselves in the foot this
> way are those who decided to "optimize" their cron jobs to only vacuum
> their user tables, and forgot about the system catalogs.  So it's
> probably more of a case of "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing"
> than never having heard of VACUUM at all.  I too don't see that you
> could possibly get to 2 billion transactions without having found out
> that Postgres requires regular VACUUMing.

I have had two new customers in the last year who didn't do any vacuums
that had a rollover. The database sat in a backroom and did processing.
It just worked so they didn't worry about it.

It took one of them almost two years to get there but it does happen.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

>             regards, tom lane

Command Prompt, Inc., your source for PostgreSQL replication,
professional support, programming, managed services, shared
and dedicated hosting. Home of the Open Source Projects plPHP,
plPerlNG, pgManage,  and pgPHPtoolkit.
Contact us now at: +1-503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: how to make table inherits another ?
Сообщение: Re: how to make table inherits another ?