Re: OLEDB and the port number

От Shachar Shemesh
Тема Re: OLEDB and the port number
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Craig Bryden wrote:

>Hi
>
>Can anyone help me with the oledb driver.
>I have RC1 of Postgres 8 installed on the default(5432) port. I have the
>full release version installed on port 5433. I am trying to get the OLEDB
>connection to look at port 5433. Below is my connection string. It works for
>the RC1 installation (on port 5432).
>
>Location=MyDBName;Provider="PostgreSQL.1";User ID=MyUser;Data
>Source=localhost;Extended Properties=;Port=5433;Password=Mypassword";
>
>Thanks
>Craig

<hesitantly stands up and blushes>
OLE DB does not support getting custom parameters from the user at this
time. This will probably be fixed in the near future (read - about a
month's time frame, no promises). At the moment, I am very much afraid
there is no way to achieve what you are trying to do.

The two most obviously missing features are port number and SSL support.
Sorry about that.

<sits down, head cowered>

          Shachar

--