Re: random record from small set

От Jan Poslusny
Тема Re: random record from small set
Дата
Список pgsql-general
And what about another data representation like

create table r1 (
   i int,
   chance_from numeric,
   chance_to numeric
)
, you can select one random row in one select, for instance
select * from r1 where chance_from <= $rnd and chance_to > $rnd;

I see these advantages
- Only one select.
- Indices can improve performance if r1 has many rows.

and disadvantage
- Tricky update