Re: Slony uninstall info/warning

От John Sidney-Woollett
Тема Re: Slony uninstall info/warning
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Richard Huxton wrote:
 > Hmm - not sure you could do this without a savepoint to catch the
 > error.
 > However, it might be possible to add track dependencies with the
 > function (as with views). Then you'd have to issue a CASCADE to alter
 > the table.

If you use Oracle and drop and recreate a table (or any other object)
referred to by a function or procedure, and then execute the
procedure/function, it will work fine. Oracle will figure out that it
needs recompiling (including dependent objects) and will do it prior to
execution.

You don't get bitten by caches or OID issues... :(

Maybe someone will get to this for 8.1?

John Sidney-Woollett

ps That having been said I still think postgres is very good, and we're
only using 7.4 at the moment!...