Urgent problem: Unicode characters greater than or equal to 0x10000 are not supported

От Gilles
Тема Urgent problem: Unicode characters greater than or equal to 0x10000 are not supported
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

When I try to input a unicode caracter which code is greater than
U+20000, phpPgAdmin returns the following error message :

ERROR:  Unicode characters greater than or equal to 0x10000 are not
supported

Could someone fix this problem ?
If yes, would you please tell me where can i download the new postgre
debian package.

Actually, i need this limitation to be pushed at least to U+2F800, but
10FFFB would even be better (it looks to be the last unicode character,
according the gnome charmap).

I use Debian "testing" with psql 7.4.7

Also, I have experienced the same problem with MySQL 4.1.9, that's what
made me try PostGre.

Thanks for your help,

Gilles Vigner
xiaogil@yahoo.fr