Re: a few doubts regarding postgres

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: a few doubts regarding postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Surabhi Ahuja wrote:
>  does postgres support notifications.
>
> for eg. through one connection to the server, i begin a transaction and i do inserts there.
> in another sessions, i want to get notified that inserts are taking place in someother session.
> please help.

You might want to look in the manuals for NOTIFY and LISTEN.

> a few other questions
>
> Q1. is there anyway by which we can give priorities to the transactions?

No. It's not clear that the idea makes sense in general (though it might
for specific examples). You can of course tune settings to favour
inserts over selects, or favour large sorts etc.

> Q2. is there s concept of connection pool in postgres?

Google for pgpool by Tatsuo Ishii

> Q3. does postgres support multi threading? if yes how?

In the client or the server? Which client? From what point of view?

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Сообщение: Re: a few doubts regarding postgres
Сообщение: Re: a few doubts regarding postgres